Thursday, February 3, 2011



my goals and intentions in this piece of art were to map out the shape in blocks and then blend the edges so that it all went together. my charcoal drawing was about composition and dramatic shadows. i only used the view point of my yes and the tip of my nose. then for my shadows i lit half of my face up and the other half was sin darkness. the most difficult challenge i had to face was the shadows with the shadows and the mapping of my face. on the side of my face covered in shadow, it was hard to see he darker shadows and the lighter shadows. then with my face, it was hard to map everything our so that it looked even. i changed the picture's lighting on my phone so that i could easily see he shadows. for my face, i used the formula.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful and sensitive drawing.I can even tell it is you. Apply the ame lessons to your painting. Don't give up

    ReplyDelete